1. Headache - This is the most common symptom people get from detoxing. When you support your body through a cleanse, those cells have the opportunity to release more stored toxins, pathogens and waste thus causing a headache. It can also be the result of the die off of sugar, yeast or caffeine. Try some Peppermint Essential Oil for your headache, and drink lots of water to hydrate.
2. Fatigue - Feel like you’ve been hit by a bus? You’re not alone! Your body is working overtime to rid your body of those unwanted toxins. You may feel like you are a space cadet and feel very light headed. Plus, chances are you are going to feel exhausted, and require a little extra sleep. Allow your body to do what it knows to do, and try to create the space to take it easy for the first 3 days of a cleanse.
3. Diarrhea - Yep, that’s right. Stay close to the toilet. Our bodies natural way of eliminating waste will get to really shine during a cleanse. All that unwanted junk will be coming out. It’s not pretty, but it is necessary. Again, allow your body to do what it knows to do and help to literally release.
4. Cold/Flu - If you begin to experience constipation while detoxing, you may develop flu symptoms like swollen lymph glands, stuffy or runny nose, a sore throat, or perhaps a cough or lung congestion. Consider taking some activated charcoal to help your body get rid of the waste. And even consider a coffee enema. Jess Ainscough, The Wellness Warrior has a GREAT video on this. You can google it
5. Skin - If our liver is really backed up with toxins, you may start to detox through your skin. You may get a rash or have some lovely little pimples pop up. This is normal, your skin is the largest organ of the body and helps us detox on a daily basis. Hello sweat! Don’t be alarmed if you develop a little rash, as your body is eliminating those toxins through your pores.
Tips to Help Your Body Naturally Detox:
Drink lots of Water: Especially during a juice cleanse we forget to drink enough water. This helps us move everything through the body. Coconut water is extra hydrating, so drink plenty of that. Heart and Hydration is Fabulous while detoxing!
Use Essential Oils: Citrus oils like lemon, lime, grapefruit or wild orange are fantastic for helping the liver naturally detox. You can add them to water. Lemongrass is a powerful emotional cleanser, put 1-2 drops on the bottoms of feet in the morning or diffuse. Peppermint helps alleviate headaches. Peppermint Oil will help calm any nausea or major diarrhea cramping.
Epsom Salt Baths: Soak for at least 30 minutes and use about 2-4 cups per bath. This will help draw those toxins out and support the body while helping to soothe and relax. You can add lavender oil for relaxation.
Good Fats: Make sure you are taking an extra amount of good fats such as your omegas and coconut oil.
Connie has always been concerned about helping others succeed. Her heart's desire is to truly make a difference in their life for the better. For this reason, she started on her TruVision Health journey. At first, it was simply about trying to get her own health issues under control. When she realized how amazing the TruVision products were she simply could not keep it to herself! First, she shared the truFIX and truControl with her husband who started to get healthier and lost 40 pounds. She then decided to become a TruVision Health Associate in order to get her own products for free and to make a little money in the process.